If you suffer from hearing loss, with HLAAbq you can .........
• Make new friends who will help you learn to cope with your hearing loss, allowing you to enjoy a more full and productive life.
• Talk to people who have had a cochlear implant about their experience. You can meet people who have tried the newest technology in hearing aids and will give you honest, unbiased answers about whether they benefited from them.
• You can learn from the experience of others about how to cope with your hearing loss and its impact on your work.
• Attend meetings where experts share their knowledge, teaching you about the many ways you can improve your communication with others.
• Learn all of this and much more, by joining the Hearing Loss Association of Albuquerque and attending our meetings.
- Open captioning projected on a large screen
- Induction loop system for hearing aids equipped with telecoils
- Headsets for those without telecoils
HLAA Albuquerque Chapter Meetings are held at Los Altos Christian Church, 11900 Haines Ave NE, on the 3rd Saturday of the month, Sept.-Jun.
Socializing starts at 9:30 am;
Presentations start at 10:00.
The public is cordially invited to attend.
Hearing Loss Association of America
Helping People Communicate
Our purpose is to improve the life of people with hearing loss. We do that by providing information to our members, to regulatory agencies, legislative bodies, and providers.
We hold regular meetings once a month from September through June with a informative guest speakers. We also share experiences and knowledge with each other and others.
We publish an informative newsletter each month.
We are affiliated with the National Hearing Loss Association of America and Loop New Mexico
Read the Wired for Sound Newsletter
The monthly newsletter is mailed or emailed to you as part of your membership. The newsletter is a must read for people who want to be informed about how to deal with hard of hearing challenges.
Contribute - No Cost to You
Email us and we will add you to our email list for notifications of meetings and Newsletter updates.
Your membership helps people with hearing loss. There are no paid staff and all the dues are used to fund continued member meetings and monthly newsletters.
Providing Valuable Information
The premier site for information about Telecoils and Looping Systems for better hearing at any venue - including your home
The website for the Hearing Loss Association of American National Organization
December 15, 2018:
How to avoid being scammed when buying a hearing aid –
Presented by Mary Clark
Mary will share a glimpse of her 6 hours course she teaches through the OSHER program under the UNM Continuing Ed department. Her course is called “Buying a Hearing Aid – ARGH- HH!!!!” she will go over the key points for our program in December.