If you suffer from hearing loss, with HLAAbq you can .........
• Make new friends who will help you learn to cope with your hearing loss, allowing you to enjoy a more full and productive life.
• Talk to people who have had a cochlear implant about their experience. You can meet people who have tried the newest technology in hearing aids and will give you honest, unbiased answers about whether they benefited from them.
• You can learn from the experience of others about how to cope with your hearing loss and its impact on your work.
• Attend meetings where experts share their knowledge, teaching you about the many ways you can improve your communication with others.
• Learn all of this and much more, by joining the Hearing Loss Association of Albuquerque and attending our meetings.
ALL OF OUR MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND FEATURE:
Open captioning projected on a large screen
Induction loop system for hearing aids equipped with telecoils
Socializing starts at 9:30 am; presentation at 10:00
Oticon Medical, Cochlear Americas and Medtronics representatives will show us what a BAHA implant is, who is eligible, and why it might help some for whom hearing aids aren’t the best solution. A BAHA implant is NOT a cochlear implant. Come learn more about this option even if you aren’t a candidate yourself.
Other topics planned for upcoming monthly meetings:
Self-Advocacy Speaking up and asking for help with a hearing loss
Ask the doctor - An ENT will share common medical issues related to hearing loss, and communicate tips for talking with your own health care provider