If you suffer from hearing loss, with HLAAbq you can .........
• Make new friends who will help you learn to cope with your hearing loss, allowing you to enjoy a more full and productive life.
• Talk to people who have had a cochlear implant about their experience. You can meet people who have tried the newest technology in hearing aids and will give you honest, unbiased answers about whether they benefited from them.
• You can learn from the experience of others about how to cope with your hearing loss and its impact on your work.
• Attend meetings where experts share their knowledge, teaching you about the many ways you can improve your communication with others.
• Learn all of this and much more, by joining the Hearing Loss Association of Albuquerque and attending our meetings.
ALL OF OUR MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND FEATURE:
Open captioning projected on a large screen
Induction loop system for hearing aids equipped with telecoils
Go to Bottom of this page for Recent TV coverage of Hearing Loss Issues
HLAA Abq Chapter Leaders discuss support for people with hearing loss in New Mexico and Hearing Loop systems
"Adding Hearing Loops to Theaters" spot on Channel 4 News
Albuquerque Chapter Member Meeting
December 10, 2016 - Second Saturday of Dec.
9:30 - 11:00 am
Come join the other members of the ABQ chapter for a fun game that gets everyone interacting with each other. We’ll each be given a secret identity, and then we will have to circulate and ask others about “who am I?” – No more than three questions will be allowed with each person we ask. It will be fun, and gives us a chance to meet others. In addition, we invite everyone to bring a holiday favorite snack as well. If you have a traditional treat you like to make at holiday time – can you bring it to share at the social? If you don’t have a special treat – even some chips and dip or a veggie tray will be great. See you there on Saturday Dec 10 for the annual HLAA ABQ Holiday social!
The public is invited.
Los Altos Christian Church
11900 Haines Ave NE
Here are topics planned for upcoming monthly meetings:
January (3rd Saturday) - Toxic medications and environments.
February (3rd Saturday) - Self-Advocacy
March (3rd Saturday) - Safety for home and yourself
April (3rd Saturday) - Health conditions as they relate to hearing loss