If you suffer from hearing loss, with HLAAbq you can .........
• Make new friends who will help you learn to cope with your hearing loss, allowing you to enjoy a more full and productive life.
• Talk to people who have had a cochlear implant about their experience. You can meet people who have tried the newest technology in hearing aids and will give you honest, unbiased answers about whether they benefited from them.
• You can learn from the experience of others about how to cope with your hearing loss and its impact on your work.
• Attend meetings where experts share their knowledge, teaching you about the many ways you can improve your communication with others.
• Learn all of this and much more, by joining the Hearing Loss Association of Albuquerque and attending our meetings.
ALL OF OUR MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND FEATURE:
Open captioning projected on a large screen
Induction loop system for hearing aids equipped with telecoils
Go to Bottom of this page for Recent TV coverage of Hearing Loss Issues
HLAA Abq Chapter Leaders discuss support for people with hearing loss in New Mexico and Hearing Loop systems
"Adding Hearing Loops to Theaters" spot on Channel 4 News
HLAA Albuquerque Chapter Member Meeting
September 17, 2016
Tentative Topic: Medicare—your choices
We plan to invite a specialist from Morgan Stanley to educate us on pros and cons of your options if you are on or nearing the age to get on Medicare. This is not specifically for the hard-of-hearing only, but a topic of general interest that you can attend in a venue that’s friendly for the hard-of-hearing.